How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3840
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

Data Protection Hi, I am currently setting up a web

This answer was rated:

Data Protection


I am currently setting up a web design business and will be holding customer data on our infrastructure.

No Credit Card information will be being processed by us, so i believe that we are fine with regards XXXXX XXXXX compliance.

My Question is..... 'Are there any other data protection bodies that we will need to comply with?'



Thank you for your question and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you. What type of data do you intend to store?

What will you do with the data?

Kind regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.



It will be for our own administration...


Business Name




Website info

Type of business they are in


Regards Rog


Thank you.

Normally you would have to register with the data commissioner as a data controller but only if you are keeping personal information.

This presumably does not include residential addresses?

Kind regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Alex,


Just for clarification, we will be selling to business', therefore all data will related to there business.


However, some may be small business that would share a business and personal address




Thank you.

The data protection act covers personal data only.

If you are not storing personal data then you will not have to register under the data protection act. Personal data is something that can be used to identify someone.

Kind regards

Alex J. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you