Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE

Data Protection Hi, I am currently setting up a web

Data Protection

I am currently setting up a web design business and will be holding customer data on our infrastructure.

No Credit Card information will be being processed by us, so i believe that we are fine with regards XXXXX XXXXX compliance.

My Question is..... 'Are there any other data protection bodies that we will need to comply with?'

Thank you for your question and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you. What type of data do you intend to store?

What will you do with the data?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It will be for our own administration...

Business Name

Website info

Type of business they are in

Regards Rog

Normally you would have to register with the data commissioner as a data controller but only if you are keeping personal information.

This presumably does not include residential addresses?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Alex,

Just for clarification, we will be selling to business', therefore all data will related to there business.

However, some may be small business that would share a business and personal address

The data protection act covers personal data only.

If you are not storing personal data then you will not have to register under the data protection act. Personal data is something that can be used to identify someone.