How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71046
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Good morning - I do hope you can help - my son works and lives

This answer was rated:

Good morning - I do hope you can help - my son works and lives in London. He lives in the E14 postal code of London. I need to find a magistrate court near there - where he and his fiancée could get married. I have been searching on line, but have not been successful. thanks very much.



Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.



Do you mean a Magistrates Court?



People would not marry in a Magistrates Court although that will probably be next as people seem to think they sort out their relationships in a Magistrates Court when it sits in a domestic violence capacity.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So where can they get married - I thought a magistrate court could do that. They want to be married on the 22nd March 2014 and it was difficult to find a church for them to be married. As unfortunately they do not attend a church.

Thank you.

You do not need a magistrates court.

They need the local office of the registrar of births deaths and marriages.

They do have to book an appointment and there is a procedure to go through.

The closest to the Docklands area is Tower Hamlets here,_marriages_and_deaths.aspx

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you