How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nicola-mod Your Own Question
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 21
Experience:  Moderator
Type Your Law Question Here...
Nicola-mod is online now

I received invoice from my council dated 14.9.2011 stating

Customer Question

I received invoice from my council dated 14.9.2011 stating that I owed money from dates 4.2010 to 7.2011 I have letters stating that I was entitled to housing benefit at this time. there is no break down on the invoice what it is for other than an overpayment.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 4 years ago.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Did you get a housing benefit overpayment decision notice then please?
JACUSTOMER-jmk29tck- :

yes at the time I had one for January 2011, march 2011 and july 2011 each giving me a different amount of housing benefit stating I had housing benefit each one giving me more than the other as I am a single parent and my child was at college and I still received child benefit until sept 2011

Alex Watts : Did you appeal any of these decisions?
JACUSTOMER-jmk29tck- :

no as it wasn't saying I wasn't entitled to any money and I did not have another letter stating that I owed money I had to do a change in circumstances when my child left education again they re done my entitlement and that changed when my child took up employment and I had an invoice then that stated I was no longer entitled and had to pay back money but that would of been a nov 2011 invoice and that has been paid in full

Alex Watts :

In terms of the overpayment did you get a decision notice saying you had been overpaid?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.

Thank you,