How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nicola-mod Your Own Question
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 21
Experience:  Moderator
Type Your Law Question Here...
Nicola-mod is online now

Is unsigned breath alcohol test record enough to get off with

Customer Question

Is unsigned breath alcohol test record enough to get off with drunk driving charge
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Im afraid that Im not sure I can give you good news.

Certainly if they cannot attribute the specimen to you then that is certainly a challenge.

If its just that an officer has not signed it though then that is not fatal. Its likely that they can prove this in other ways such as their notebook. Also, if they have completed the remainder of the forms then realistically that is sufficient to evidence it.

Police officers are always failing to fill out paper work properly. The days have gone when that type of thing was fatal to a prosecution Im afraid.

Unless the failure to sign casts doubt upon whether the specimen was yours it would make no difference. Its not likely that it says anything about the procedure which, in any event, is probably recorded on the custody suite CCTV footage.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below the Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.

Thank you,