How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nicola-mod Your Own Question
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 21
Experience:  Moderator
Type Your Law Question Here...
Nicola-mod is online now

Will it affect my housing benefits not being on Jsa anymore.ISigned

Customer Question

Will it affect my housing benefits not being on Jsa anymore.ISigned of on personal grounds my mother lives abroad a not allowed to leave country if anything happens now worried the cut me of my housing benefits Iam a lone oarent .
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Are you currently working please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
Why have you stopped claiming please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Personal my mother ill lives in germany a if i have to leave i wont be able to go because on jsa you have to be searching for jobs my mother is in poor health
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
For how long will you be away from the uk roughly?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I dont know at the moment its hard to tell in a situation like that so not sure i just want to know if it would affect my housing benefits .
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

The fact of your circumstances doesn't render you in eligible for benefits generally but if you are away from the uk door a substantial period of time then that would affect whether they have to pay for a property for you.

Different councils take different views but usually more than two months will mean that you will lose benefit on this specific occasion. It can be revived upon your return though.

They are entitled to know if you are away though.

That doesn't mean you will lose entitlement. Its only if its for a long period of time.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below the Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.

Thank you,