How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My husband has lasting poa over his mother, signed when she

Customer Question

My husband has lasting poa over his mother, signed when she was in sound mind. She was diagnosed with dementia 2 years ago which has since worsened so that my elderly father in law cannot care for her any more. She became ill and once in hospital they realised there was carer breakdown. She then went to a place to be accessed and was found that she had lost mental capacity to make rational decisions. Now in a lovely care home but a few of my husbands siblings are saying there is nothing wrong with her, just old age and are looking into contesting my husbands power of attorney. We have done everything by the book, had care managers to make assessments etc. Is there anything we can do? Will they be able to do this? Would be grateful for some advice.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What do they think should happen to his mother?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.

Thank you,