How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3839
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

I am the legal representative , I have one of

Customer Question

I am the legal representative , I have one of client who claims asylum , we madfe an written contract, we both undersigned, we prepared his claim and arranged an appointment at asylum screening unit at Croydon and he has been provided accommodation and also being paid living expenses, after, he changed his new representative , I have sent him a notice of outstanding bill £ 5.00 plus administration costs of £ 56, despite the our request he is not responding, can you let us know whether I can claim through small claim court. thanks.



UK Pakistan Welfare Society



Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you very much for your question and welcome.

There is no lower limit to the small claims court. As long as he has an address where he can be served you can start county court proceedings against him

I would however recommend that you only use this as a last resort and if there are other ways to put pressure on him to pay. For example do not release any of the work or deliverables you have done for him.

Kind regards