How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

The ex-wife has been attacked by her partner and has moved

Customer Question

The ex-wife has been attacked by her partner and has moved back in with me for safety reasons for both her and our 11 year old son, divorce agreed and share of house paid out etc etc what should I be wary of, can she claim tenancy or part of the house again??
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ExperiencedLawyer replied 4 years ago.

It's kind of you to help her out at a time like this.
My name is Mac and I will be able to help you with your question, but first I need a bit more information:

- how long do you envisage her staying with you?
- have the two of you had any discussions of the basis on which she's staying?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.


Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.

Thank you,