How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nicola-mod Your Own Question
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 21
Experience:  Moderator
Type Your Law Question Here...
Nicola-mod is online now

I wrote to you some time ago about the trouble I was having

Customer Question

I wrote to you some time ago about the trouble I was having with a building company and the council I have now had to complain yet again and I have wrote in my letter that I wish to claim compansation but all the companys say is they are looking into the problems but its not them that has suffered all the stress.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I want to claim companction from the builders/council but I dont know how to go about it and would like to know what sort of Expert I need to find to help me.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
What loss have you suffered please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have had loss of sleep and time but other than that because I am on long term sick .

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
Have you suffered any financial loss?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No so you are now going to say I cannot claim

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
Yes, I am sorry but you I'm afraid you probably know what I have to say.

This is just inconvenience and thats not a head of compensation in the UK. They might offer you something in the interests of peace but if you went to court you would lose and have to pay their costs I'm afraid potentially. Costs are not often awarded at the small claims court but if you sue in circumstances where there is no proper claim judges do say thats unreasonable sometimes.

Unless you suffered loss of a quantifiable kind - financial loss, personal injury or damage to property - there is no claim.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below the Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.

Thank you,