How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nicola-mod Your Own Question
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 21
Experience:  Moderator
Type Your Law Question Here...
Nicola-mod is online now

Data of protection Norwich pharmacal order. Does anyone

Customer Question

Data of protection Norwich pharmacal order.

Does anyone know how to apply for this. I require access to personal details of 6 university students that owe me rent payments but have left without paying.

Section 35 a and b of the data of protection says I maybe able to obtain this info via court

Can I make the hull university disclose the personal details
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 4 years ago.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Have we spoke about this before and you gave a POOR RATING?

Customer : I was wanting a second opinion.
Alex Watts :

Good luck with this then. No need to reply as it comes back to my inbox

Alex Watts :

I was going to say before you gave a POOR RATING on the other question that you could make an application NOT under the Data Protection Act or Freedom of Information Act but under CPR 31.17

Alex Watts :

This specficially deals with disclosure orders for a non party

Alex Watts :

The rule states:

Alex Watts :

Orders for disclosure against a person not a party


(1) This rule applies where an application is made to the court under any Act for disclosure by a person who is not a party to the proceedings2.

(2) The application must be supported by evidence.

(3) The court may make an order under this rule only where–

(a) the documents of which disclosure is sought are likely to support the case of the applicant or adversely affect the case of one of the other parties to the proceedings; and

(b) disclosure is necessary in order to dispose fairly of the claim or to save costs.

(4) An order under this rule must –

(a) specify the documents or the classes of documents which the respondent must disclose; and

(b) require the respondent, when making disclosure, to specify any of those documents –

(i) which are no longer in his control; or

(ii) in respect of which he claims a right or duty to withhold inspection.

(5) Such an order may –

(a) require the respondent to indicate what has happened to any documents which are no longer in his control; and

(b) specify the time and place for disclosure and inspection.

Alex Watts :

That is the power under which you are seeking an Order.

Alex Watts :

You are welcome.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below the Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.

Thank you,