How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nicola-mod Your Own Question
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 21
Experience:  Moderator
Type Your Law Question Here...
Nicola-mod is online now

I am currently applying for a divorce and need to write a financial

Customer Question

I am currently applying for a divorce and need to write a financial agreement. My wife and I plan to make an agreement between ourselves for submit ion to the courts.

Can I get help in drafting an agreement and what would that cost?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
For clarity do you mean that you are hoping to draft your own Consent Order dealing with the finances?
What have you actually agreed?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, a Consent Order is what I meant....
We haven't acutely finalised an agreement but I hope this will not be to complicated as we do not have children and nether of us plan to live in our house long term....

So, I hope to agree a lump sum payment (full & final) on the sale of the property (that is in my name) rather than having to pay maintenance for a number of years...

FYI the assists will be worth about £500k and I would hope (possibly unrealistic) to had over 40% to my wife on the basis that I had substantial assets when we got together
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
If you have reached agreement then a draft Order should cost about £200 to £300 to have drawn up and that way you can be certain that it does what you wish it to do.
Most family law solicitors will do fixed fee work like this now
Please ask if you need further details
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below the Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.

Thank you,