How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34900
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

In 2006 my son applied for access and then later residency

Customer Question

In 2006 my son applied for access and then later residency for his 2 boys ages 4yrs & 2yrs. He spent over 3yrs in court as his ex continually lied about my neice and then myself sexually abusing the boys. The boys suffered interveiw and examinations repeatedly by their mum, who ended up keeping residency but was ordered to give very generous access to my son.
My grandson now 11 wants to live with his dad. When he told his mum about his wish, she stopped the younger boy visiting his dad, claiming he doesnt want to visit. My son has applied for residency of the boys again. Now new false claims have been reported to the court slowing the application. This time accusing my son of abuse and me of taking the boys out of UK without permission (she holds passports)and other lies This is a repeat of what happened before, how can he stop the court entertaing the lies again
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Has a Full Section 7 report been ordered?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes it has, Cafcas not happy as a full report was done last time



Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
There is nothing that can be done about her making new accusations - indeed in many ways it works in your sons favour since it is clear that they are simply made up to try and thwart the application - and some can be proved to be untrue
It should also be remembered that this time round the children are older and more able to express their views - and to expect them to be taken into consideration
I am sorry that there is nothing more constructive that can be done - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Could I report

these accusations by claiming them to be harassment against me.

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
No as they are part of Private Law proceedings issued by your son