How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask tdlawyer Your Own Question
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1096
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
Type Your Law Question Here...
tdlawyer is online now

I have problems with tenants. they are not paying there full

Customer Question

I have problems with tenants.
they are not paying there full rent on the ground they say the garden need tiding, they have hired a skip to clear some of it, charged me for the skip, taken out a tree and hedging without permission, outwith saying anything to me, I do have a manager, but he does not seem to be able to advice me to what action to take. Only has said what do I wont to do about it.
it does say in there lease that they cannot do anything to the property with out written permission. also it says they need to pay rent in full or other wise interest could be charge on outstanding money, plus I could give 2 weeks notice. I have at this time given them 2 months notice. that was done in November as that was what I was to understand I could do on a rolling contract. Can you please advice how I stand in this and what might be the best way forward,
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 4 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, thank you for your question. My name is Tony, I can help with this.

tdlawyer :

Have you served s.8 and s.21 notices?