How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

hi My son been here for nine yrs he arrive here when he

Customer Question

My son been here for nine yrs he arrive here when he was 5 and now he is 14 in yr 10 doing his GSCEs but unfortunately he got refuse visa to stay in the UK because he went on holiday for few occassion.
As we got all our family here as we are asked to go back home and start a new life but my son likes to carry on his education as he had spent half of his life in the uk.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question.

What visa did he apply for?
Why was it refused?
Did you get a right to appeal?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

He is applying leave to remain on 7 yrs concession.


because of he has made regular trips back to Mauritius,which would indicates social,cultural and family ties to the country.


no we dont have right to appeal



Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

What visa do you currently hold?
What visa does the father hold?

Kind regards