How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

i am in this country nine year and one month can i apply for

This answer was rated:

i am in this country uk nine year and one month legally can i apply for human right for further extension.

My name isXXXXX and I'm happy to help with your question today.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.


i came in UK Dec 2004 as a student.last year 2012.i put my extension as a student but i been refuse.I spoke to some friend i been told that instead applying again as a student ,should apply under human right reason i am more than 9 year and one month and being a legal in this country i can get stay under human right.

OK understood. Why do you wish to stay in the UK? Are you married here - do you have children? Also what is your country of origin please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i have not have child reason why i want to stay i have carrier in this country .pakistan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i do not want any human help reason i am self made man through out of my life.

Thanks for the additional information. Can I just clarify: at the moment your permission to stay in the UK has expired?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no my application is i court

Do you mean Immigration Tribunal or High Court?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

immigation tribunal


Customer: replied 4 years ago.

what i am trying to do is withdraw this application and put a new application so i can get permission to stay for about a year by the time i will have ten year.the i can apply for indefinite leave to remain.

Thanks for the additional information. You can withdraw your application from the immigration tribunal but it would then mean you have no permission to be in the UK. At that stage, whilst unlawfully in the UK you would be liable to deportation; a breach of the immigtation rules may count against you if you make a future application. Then there is no guarantee that any any future application would succeed. If you decided to make a human rights application it would have to be on the basis of right ot private and family life. If you are unmarried and without children it could be difficult to establish such a right. At the moment you have an application pending. I think you would be better off pursuing that application to the end and reviewing your position once that appeal process has been exhausted.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

one most important aspect of the case is that i did send a fax to court to infirm that i am not able to attend the court due to my health, i had a note from GP but court took decision in my absence saying that there is nothing much to say in this case so we are taking design in the absence of you and that is court you not think i should challenge that aspect as well.

OK and what was their decision?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the appellant has not satisfied me that there was a good reason not to attend the court nor that his case could not be justly determined in his absence on the available document.Accordingly,the hearing proceeded in the appellant's absence.(The exact copy of the paragraph).

2- i would like to find out weather the clock has been stopped for ten year or not yet.

I know i am asking to much but i hope you can understand my mental stress.

Please do advise me if you have any other option in your mind or experience so i can fight my case.

my nine year on stake as you might can under stand if you have any case ref please do let me know.Thanks


In reality you need to see an immigration solicitor.

You clearly have a complex case going on and without seeing all the information, its very difficult to answer you query.

If you let me know which area you live I will recommend a solicitor to you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Any near south London sw16 cr4 sw17 cr7 sw2 sw18 sm4 etc

Try Romana Ahmad - Levenes Solicitors - 0208(NNN) NNN-NNNN

You really need someone to assess your case properly and advise you.

There is some history which needs to be investigated.

If you have made an application to the immigration tribunal and your application has been rejected then you need advice on an appeal.

There may be grounss for a human rights application but the issue with the tribunal needs to be resolved first.

I hope this helps.

Alice H and other Law Specialists are ready to help you