Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

I am in the process of buying my brothers half share in our

I am in the process of buying my brothers half share in our Tenerife apartment. He is ill and cannot travel overseas. I need power of attorney advise to act on his behalf. Can you help.
Neil Peart
My name isXXXXX and I'm happy to help with your question today.

You should ask a solicitor to draft a power of attorney on behalf of your brother.

Ideally this should bilingual - English and Spanish.

The power of attorney should then be executed in the presence of a UK Notary Public.

It will then be necessary to obtain a legalisation certificate from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office to be able to use the power of attorney abroad.

I appreciate this sounds like a lot of work but actually one firm of solicitors should be able to assist you with the process fairly swiftly.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

You say presence of a UK notary where are they. I live in DONCASTER.

Also will the solicitor obtain legislation certificate or do I need to visit the foreign and comm office

This firm is based in Doncaster and should be able to help you:

http://www.malcolmcfoy.co.uk/site/services_individuals/notary_profile/
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Will they arrange both English and Spanish documents for power of attorney

Their notary deals with all types of deeds for use abroad, so I'm confident they will be able to arrange everything for you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your prompt and precise responce

No problem. All the very best with this.

I am following up our conversation to see how you got on with the issue. If you need any further help then please let me know - remember I am a qualified UK Solicitor and able to help on most aspects of English Law. I am London based and usually able to respond to your query very quickly.

Alex Hughes