How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask chatham-chamber Your Own Question
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 11865
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
chatham-chamber is online now

I am a British Citizen. I am engaged to an American. I have

Customer Question

I am a British Citizen. I am engaged to an American. I have been living in Los Angeles for the last two years. I want to get married in the UK and stay here. I've been told that I have to prove my wages in the UK for the last two years but I have not been living here. I don't have many assets. I wondered if my parents could co sponsor. We want to apply for his fiance visa. I have only been back in the UK one month. My us visa runs out in Feb 2014 and I don't really want to reapply. Please can you let me know what my options are? Thanks.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 4 years ago.

chatham-chamber :

Hi, have you been working in the US?

chatham-chamber :

Have you thought about marrying in the US and then both coming to the UK afterwards?

JACUSTOMER-llthdo9u- :

My visa has run out, its end in Feb 2014. I am back in the UK. I have been working in the states the last two years, both on low income.