How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10736
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

My grandparents live in a house paid for by my mother, the

Customer Question

My grandparents live in a house paid for by my mother, the deeds for the house are in my grandparents name but my mother has a trust deed document in her name.... can my mother sell the house or borrow against it?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 4 years ago.

Hi there,

Thanks for your enquiry.

If the Deeds to the property are in your grandparents names, your mother will be unable to borrow against it.

As regards whether she can demand a Sale all depends on the wording of the Trust Deed. Normally, she wouldn't be able to demand such a Sale, but can you let me have the wording from the Trust Deed?

Kind Regards