How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I need help, my husband and I separated 8 months ago as he

Customer Question

I need help, my husband and I separated 8 months ago as he was very jealous and possessive and recently he found out that I have started to see somebody else and he's very angry, he found out on a night that he had the children and he set members of his family on me saying they were going to kill me and refused to give back my children I had to get the police involved. He is part of the travelling community and I'm scared that when he has them he will just go! I can't afford to pay for a solicitor and he can and he is going to see his on Monday! What can I do? If he puts in a court order before me then I'm stuck! Please help!
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children and where are they at the moment?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

There with me at the moment. I have 3 children but the eldest is from a previous relationship there 7 3 and 1.

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
What court application has he threatened to make?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

He hasn't said but he will be seeing his solicitor tomorrow and he will tell him what he can do! He's told me that he's wanting full custody though.

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Please do not worry - if you have been the main carer of the children until now they are NOT going to be removed form your care - unless of course your new partner is a risk to children - which I am sure he is not
If you ex does make an application to the court for a defined contact order setting out the times he sees them then you can also apply for a Residence Order based on the fact that he tried to keep the children from you
You can read more on these websites
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details