How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35044
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My daughter was in a bad relationship they have two children

Customer Question

My daughter was in a bad relationship they have two children .she has ended the relationship 4mouths ago,but they rent a council flat,they are both named as tennants.the council won't help to get him out ,she pays most of the rent and bills.I want him out and away from her.he is a abuser verbally and puts her down even in front off children.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Max Lowry replied 4 years ago.

Max Lowry :

Hi, welcome to the site. My name is Max and I will help you with your question.

Max Lowry :

Has she reported the abuse to the police and have they tried to intervene to assist her?

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
Unless her partner has some priority need because of disability or is over 60 then the Council has no responsibility to help with his housing I am afraid.
If he is violent then your daughter can apply for an Occupation Order excluding him from the property.
If he is not then she will have to apply to the court for an Order for the Transfer of the Tenancy into her sole name this is best done by making an application under the Children Act
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details