How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hello, I am currently separated from my husband and am in

This answer was rated:

Hello, I am currently separated from my husband and am in the process of getting a divorce. He is now living with another woman who has blocked me from her profile on facebook. However, she keeps putting pictures of my children on her profile which I cannot view. I have repeatedly asked that she not post pictures of my children that I cannot view as I need to know what is being shown for my piece of mind. Is there any way that I can stop this from happening or any legislation that I can use in order to stop this happening?

Thank you for your question.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are your children and what is your main concern about this?
I assume your ex is happy with the pictures being there?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have 6 year old twins. My main concern is that I can't view these pictures. I have said that he can post the pictures so that I can see them on his profile. Her profile is open so that anyone can view the pictures she puts on and without seeing them I have no idea what is being shown. He has told me about pictures being put on facebook and has e-mailed me copies after they have been posted but I need to not have pictures of my children shown on everyone without my knowledge as I am only been told after the event.

The problem is that your ex also has Parental Responsibility for the children which gives him the right to give permission for these photographs to be published in this way
You can report the matter to facebook - they may remove them since they are not her children, but there is no requirement for them to do so
So far as applying to the court to stop it this is only likely to be effective if there is a specific reason for your concern - threats from someone or a specific risk to the children - without that I am afraid that you are releiant on discussing matters with your ex using Family mediation ( .uk) to point out how inapropriate this is
Sdaly it is an example o fhow the law is slow to keep up with technology
Please ask if you need more details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you