How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 49773
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

where do you go after your no win no fee solicitor has said

Customer Question

where do you go after your no win no fee solicitor has said they are dropping your case because of lack of proof even though I have a witness proving I reported it
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 4 years ago.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. A solicitor may stop acting for you at any point, just as you are entitled to stop using them if you are unhappy with them. So it would be unlawful for them to stop acting for you in the circumstances, even if you dispute the reasons they are relying on. So if that has happened then I am afraid you would have to go and find a new solicitor if you wanted to be formally represented or proceed with the claim yourself. To be honest 10 months is quite a long time to try and do something about it, people can easily be left with weeks or days before the deadline and successfully find a solicitor to take on the claim or the claimant could even submit the claim forms themselves to ensure the claim is in before the deadline, then continue looking for a solicitor to continue with the case on their behalf

Ben Jones :

I see you have accessed and read my answer to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this?