How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Hi; please advise me here and many thanks for your help

Customer Question

Hi; please advise me here and many thanks for your help - can the Court award me damages against a proven thief, if the police criminally prosecute him? If they refuse to prosecute, am I able to claim said compensation from them? Is non-prosecution of the thief, a violation of my rights under the currently enacted Human Rights Act, whereby I am entitled to protection of my property? Am I protected by any other law(s) passing liability to said disinterested / lazy police force? Kindly email your reply urgently/asap to:[email protected] or post to XX XXXXXXX XXXX XXXX, XXXXXXXX, XXXXX X XXX. ALSO will you personally represent me? Cost please? Insurance cost if we lost/appeal cost/case law advice too pre trial please. Thank you with kind regards, XXXXX XXXXX XXXXXXXX

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 4 years ago.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Could you please explain the situation a little more?