How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71050
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have been issuead harrassment warning by the police, I dont

Customer Question

I have been issuead harrassment warning by the police, I don't feel I should have been issued this and the police woman on the phone was quite abusive towards me, can I obtain copy of the recording of our conversation, that was few moths ago, I just got over trauma of that.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Why do you want a copy of this please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I believe that the information about law that I was given by her on the phone was incorrect, she has mishandeled my case and I may want to use it in the future as a proof in the court, not against her but to show in court how I've been mishandled by the police. I don't want to sue them, I just want to have the proof of this conversation. I believe given my circumstances I shouldn't have been issued that letter. I feel deeply dissapointed with police and i want to obtain copy of that recording. I have suffered serve trauma due to that which I can prove.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

But how will that help?

All they have to do is tell you that future contact is harassment.

What were you hoping the police would do? The other alternative to this warning is a prosecution.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I do agree with harrassment warning but there was another issue brought up. It was about what my partner has done to me and according to the police woman that was purely moral issue which I confirmed with a lawyer that was actually criminal and was 'bigger' than the so called harrassement. I just need a copy of that conversation. Do I need to write a letter to the police?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It's a matter of principle.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
I'm really sorry but the conversation that you had will not be recorded.

There will be a record of the fact that a harassment warning was given to you but there will be no record of the conversation. Its not like a 999 call where a CAD is created.

Also, its really not a good idea to pursue this. This is an issue of the police choosing to issue you with a harassment warning rather than prosecuting you as they were entitled. Annoying the police by pursuing them is a quick way to be charged.

I'm very sorry.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The police is here for us and if they abuse there powers


















































































































































































































































































































I'm a citizen who pays my taxes for police to work, I am sure I have some kind of right to obtain record of that conversation. Police is here for us not we for the police so they can apply the law carelessly like they want. And wheter they were wrong or not in doing so it should be matter for court to decide. I don't understand the term 'annoying the police'. Is the police some kind of big scary creature that can not be annoyed or touched. I don't uderstand what could I be charged with if the only thing that I want to have a proof of how I was treated.







































Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
Actually this is an instance of the police being very kind to you. The alternative is prosecution.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It is vitally important people can come to the Police with confidence that serious matters such as mine are properly investigated. There were clear failures in some parts of the investigation by individual officers. I have been let down by basic policing errors and lack of adequate support. Allegation of the nature I made was difficult to investigate, but that is no excuse for not getting the basic right or providing the support I needed. Police has not been kind. Thank you

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’.