How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My daughter came home from Andorra. with her 4 year old child

Customer Question

My daughter came home from Andorra. with her 4 year old child for Xmas 2012 with permission from her partner and with return flights arranged. She was suffering from a depressive illness and her partner asked me to get help in way of a second opinion in this country which I did and was given help by local doctors and a psychiatric team who made it clear that it would take some time. She has remained here for treatment but her partner refuses to visit her here maintaining that she should return and go outside Andorra for treatment as she does not have residency in spite of her many attempts to obtain this and much misinformation he has fed her. Her partner has a dependency on alcohol and increasing financial problems and also moved home during her absence and now wants his child back which is understandable on is part but he is not in a position to look after her. My granddaughter is happily at school her and has much family love and support and my daughter although not entirely well has found a good job on a temporary contract but through her illness is still confused as to where she should be. Previous to leaving Andorra she was legally advised that, if necessary, she could lodge a medical certificate with a legal firm there but would have to give some idea when she would return which is difficult at the moment. Her partner has become threatening now.
There are many more unusual complex issues involved but I wonder if you have any advice on what I realise is an international issue?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law