How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34902
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Mother in law now needs carers daily, asked to complete social

Customer Question

Mother in law now needs carers daily, asked to complete social services means testing. She has just £21k however family would like that to be less...can we take money out of her savings to further reduce this?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
No you cannot do this as it will show up when Social Services ask to see the Bank accounts.
However if there are items that your mother in law needs then buy them now rather than waiting!
Please ask if you need further details