How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have a tenant who refuses to pay the rent because a shower

Customer Question

I have a tenant who refuses to pay the rent because a shower developed a leak and some unpleasant bailiffs came to the house looking to enforce a parking ticket debt while I was abroad, Both issues have been resolved but she syill refuses to pay the rent.
She signed an undated Vacation of Tenancy agreement when she took up the tenancy. Can I use that to remove her.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

What type of contract is this please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.



Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

What have the bailiffs got to do with whether or not she thinks she can stop paying?