How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3840
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

I am thinking of going to canada for work, but currently am

Customer Question

I am thinking of going to canada for work, but currently am off the road for drink driving,, what are my chances or have I any. Dave
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome.

My name is AJ and I will assist you.

If you are British Citizen you do not require Visa to visit Canada. Accordingly any criminal convictions wont be relevant.

If you require a work permit it depends on the type of Job you are after. Generally driving offences are not considered dishonest or violent, therefore it is unlikely that having a driving conviction will prevent you from being able to get a work permit. Whether you are eligible for a work permit really depends on what type of job you are after, for example do you have an employer to sponsor you?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for you're help I will be in contact if I need more information

Kind regards Dave

Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 years ago.
No problem.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can assist further.

Kind regards