How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

my daughter has been informed that she is being investigated

Customer Question

my daughter has been informed that she is being investigated for fraud by the local council for housing benefit and council tax as far as we know she has informed them of all changes in her family cercumstances while claiming benefit. she has an appointment on the 4th feb 2014. we have a holiday booked leaving the uk on the 2nd feb 2014 of which they will not change and she has been told she cannot leave the country. please can you give us some advice on what to do in these circumstances.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

what information do you need

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

where do we go next

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
To achieve what please?

I suppose I'm asking if there is something specific you wanted to know?