How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

A good friend (no, it isnt me but she is in a state of shock

Customer Question

A good friend (no, it isnt me but she is in a state of shock so im doing this for her) let her son go to play with his friend (both aged 8) Whilst there, they got bored so started playing a game of "show me your willy" or something similar. The mother of the other son found out and has reported my friend to Social Services over this. What makes matters worse is that her husband works for social services and she is a zero hours carer who does respite care for disabled children. As a result her income has gone, and her husband has been put on "gardening leave" she is distraught, her income now will drop, probably under subsistence level and to make matters worse, someone is sitting on this matter and although promises have been made to sort it out, she and her family are still waiting This is in the London area. Her child has been ostracised at school and she walks in a daze to the school gates to pick him up because she knows everyone is sni**ering and pointing fingers. I want to help her Her husband is not in the union at work.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I want to know what is the best course of action for my friend to take.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
To achieve what?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have outlined what the problem is in plain english. She is frantic with worry, she needs advice on whether to see a solicitor because these people have brought her life to a standstill, has had her means of earning a living cut off, she is being accused of she does not know what but she is being made to feel as though she has done something wrong. What more information do you need to give advice she is the classic small mrs ordinary who has been accused by a large public body and is waiting to be shot - but doesnt know when the executioner is coming.


Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
Yes, I understand the facts.

What is your question about this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What should she do next Please reply with some reasonable advice

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
Im really sorry if I'm not making myself clear but I cannot help unless you ask a specific question.

For instance, asking 'what should she do next' could be answered by saying go home and drink tea but that probably isn't the information that you wanted to know.

I need to know exactly what you want to know about this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am not satisfied with this if I were really talking to a barrister at law, they would not be this obtuse. please close this question and under no circumstances bill me i hoped this would be a useful thing to do to help my friend I am going to advise her to see a solicitor who hopefully is a real live person.

Expert:  Ash replied 4 years ago.
Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

I see the expert has opted out. I am a new expert, do you still need help?