How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35071
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hello, Unfortunately the relationship with my wife has broken

Customer Question

Unfortunately the relationship with my wife has broken down and she want to divorce. I am the one who pays everything in the house( rent,electricity, council, water, gas, internet , etc) due the fact she is not working.We have a 3,5 years old son.She want to stay in the house but we can not leave together.She said that is able to pay everything and she do not want me anymore in the house. Shall i cancel everything and move on to another place? If i will do that what consequences i will have in the court?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Whose name is XXXXX XXXXX tenancy agreement?
How much do you earn gross?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

is on my name...around 2500 per month

everything is on my name...but she said that she is able to pay and i can not see any reason to stay...if i will leave the house what consequences i will have in front of the court?

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
When does the tenancy expire?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

in september 2014

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

september 2014.....

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i have paid 47 pounds...unfortunately i can not pay 47 for every question...please , could you tell me what shall i do?

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
You do have to pay for each question - and each time you simply repeat your response you go to the bottom of the list I have to work through to answer you!
There is no reason not to leave the property if you are willing to do so.
You will have to pay child maintenance at 16% of your gross income - so £400 a month.
My only concern on your behalf is that the tenancy is in your sole name which means that you remain responsible for the rent if it is not paid.
When you move out it would be sensible to ask your wife for evidence that the rent has been paid each month.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details