How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 49816
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

Hi! I am a student nurse and I am being bullied on my current

Customer Question

Hi! I am a student nurse and I am being bullied on my current placement by both my mentor and my link lecturer. Needless to say, nobody will corroborate my allegations of bullying. Do I have a legal leg to stand on?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 4 years ago.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you been there?

JACUSTOMER-7jln0sc5- :

I am a third year student nurse so this is my third year in this university. Hence I am not an NHS employee, I am simply doing my student placements in NHS hospitals. However, I have been in receipt of a student nurses' bursary monthly payment from my local Trust since September 2010. I have only been on this current placement with this current bullying mentor and link lecturer for a few weeks

JACUSTOMER-7jln0sc5- :

Sorry make that September 2011

JACUSTOMER-7jln0sc5- :

Are you still there?

JACUSTOMER-7jln0sc5- :

I thought that I was paying for his expert opinion online NOT for him to "step out of this chat!!!!"

Ben Jones : Hi sorry I just picked up the question when I was going offline. Due to the time I will have to respond first thing in the morning if that is ok
Ben Jones :

Many thanks for your patience. Just before I answer, is there an option for considering a move to a different placement? Have you tried any official complaint routes with the university?