How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3840
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

Hi in 2003 I was forced out of my company and have never been

Customer Question

Hi in 2003 I was forced out of my company and have never been paid for my shares?
recently shares in the company were sold to Geist of America.
What can I do about my shares.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 4 years ago.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Were you a shareholder that had shares issued in your name at the time?

JACUSTOMER-aa3x2w6p- :

Yes I was Chairman and MD of the company

JACUSTOMER-aa3x2w6p- :

How do I go about getting paid for my shares I had 25 % of the company

Ben Jones : Ok let me look into this for you, either I or a colleague will respond shortly
Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome.

My name is AJ and I am a company law expert. My colleague has asked me to assist you with this.

Did you have a shareholders agreement?
Did you have share certificates for the shares?
Did you sign a stock transfer form when the shares were sold?
How much should you have been paid?

Kind regards