How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask tdlawyer Your Own Question
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1096
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
Type Your Law Question Here...
tdlawyer is online now

Hi, I have just received a letter from Property Chamber Land

Customer Question

Hi, I have just received a letter from Property Chamber Land Registration First Tier
Tribunal, stating their intention to hear the case, does this mean they did not believe
the evidence I gave in my statement of case, or is this the normal procedure.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My ex partner is trying to place a restriction on my property, stating he put

the deposit of £50,000,00 towards the purchase price. He has proof. I have sent evidence bank statements etc to show he has been paid back,over the past 10 years, I thought the case I put forward was very strong and thought they might suggest he was to take me to court, but The Property Chamber land registry have decided that there will be a hearing. Does that mean the evidence I sent wasn't good enough


Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 4 years ago.
No, it doesn't mean your evidence was not good enough. It simply means they would like to hear from both sides in person so they can decide who to believe and try and work out who is right.

Often this happens where there are disputed facts. People have the right to a hearing in such a case and that's all this is. Don't worry!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is it possible for me now, to claim from my ex partner a share from his property

that he sold in 2007, in the way of a constructive trust, as I made contributions to his property mortgage payments etc