How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71041
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hello my name isXXXXX had some really bad teeth work done

Customer Question

Hello my name isXXXXX had some really bad teeth work done now I am in hospital 4 the last 4day the dentist had a real bad attitude and pulled out my filling and started a root canal filling with no injection s at 1st when said about the pain he said you English r soft now I have lost a different tooth is they any claim please
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Did you agree to this being done?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No I just needed tablets 4 a infection then he stated drilling I normally get sedated 4my dental work as I get really scared

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Did you not sign any consent form?

When he started, why did you not ask him to stop?

Why are you in hospital?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

L did not get a chance 2say a thing

Only signed a form at reception before I went in

Caused more damage face was so swollen could not see had to be put to sleep to have tooth removed As could not be saved

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
Obviously, I only have brief facts here, so it's very difficult to give you a definitive answer. However, I think you do have what could be a very good clinical negligence claim.

I do not think that it is an easy claim to bring but I certainly think it worth pursuing.

It is most certainly not a do it yourself job and I would certainly recommend that you instruct a dental specialist. You can try here

They are specialists in this area and may consider this on a no win no fee basis.

You have to show that he owed you a duty of care and he clearly did and that was breached causing you harm.

Whether or not he breached his duty essentially depends on whether or not you can show that no reasonable dentist would have taken the action he did.

Can I clarify anything for you?