How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

We have received the second quote for part of the roof repairs.

Customer Question

We have received the second quote for part of the roof repairs.

The surveyor’s report from John Meredith clearly stated that the flat roof above flat C is the worst damaged and that skylight needs replacement. Having replaced the cornicing once and repainted more times than I can remember it is not acceptable to just ignore the damage to this roof. I have seen no evidence of any repairs ever having been done to this roof since the incorporation of the company in 1998. Do you have any propositions to make with regards XXXXX XXXXX?

I also noticed there was a refund to the shareholders from the sinking fund at one point…..
Since this was prior to my buying into the company, I have a first floor flat in the building and there are only four flats, can the directors legally take the sinking fund?

As my email was playing up on Friday I dropped the figures round in person today Tony so please can you clear all of the questions up regarding the figures which I got directly from the companies house reports that you have filed since 2000. Despite numerous requests it seems no one is allowed to access the files or bank statements for 23 Moreton Place Limited and there is not time to waste on this during the AGM. The amount not accounted for is £14,450 in the company returns since 2000. This is after insurance, bank, repainting, re doing internal communal parts.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Can the directors of the company that own the building (I am a shareholder accounting for 25%) take the sinking funds accumulated prior to my buying my share for my flat?


Can they also authorise that only their share of the leaking roof is repaired and not mine?


Having looked through companies house returns there seems to be £14,500 unaccounted for but the directors will not let me see the bank statements of company files with any invoices. Is there any way I can get them to account for all the monies?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Since there are issues of coporate ownership I will opt out for others as this is not really my area.