After my husband moved out, 6 months ago, he purchased a car

After my husband moved out, 6 months ago, he purchased a car and appears to have registered it at my address. I have received letters for him from the DVLA and insurance companies, all of which I have returned to sender with his last known address on them. I currently have a non-molestaion order on him, therefore cannot contact him about it. Is this fraudulent and if so what can I do about it?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

It is not fraudulent.

There is a road traffic offence in failing to to tell the DVLA where a car is kept but its very rarely prosecuted and they are unlikely to be interested.

You probably should tell the DVLA that the car is not kept there to avoid any bailiff attendances from any parking fines etc that may be accrued.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Can you just verify that, although he no longer lives here, it is not illegal for him to use my address to make such purchases on H.P?

Sorry for the delay.

Its not that its not illegal. Its just that its not an offence unless, of course, he is doing it to avoid payment.

It would have an impact upon the contract if he is using a false address.
Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile