How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 13329
Experience:  Solicitor with more than 30 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now

Hello....I am a member of Just Answer. Please can you help. I

This answer was rated:

Hello....I am a member of Just Answer. Please can you help.
I am a letting agent, my previous 1/3 shareholder had to leave due to taking money from the bank account. In the meantime she has started her own agency with three of my Landlords.....she is now asking for all the correspondence relating to the tenants etc, such as Deed of Guarantee , Tenancy agreements, Certificates etc.
Do I have to pass theses on to her.
During a court case last month she lost the case and has to return the shares.
Thank you Heather Ellis Jones
Thanks you for your question. Unless you have an effective restrictive covenant in her contract then she can do what she likes if she is no longer employed by you but as to documents, you hold those as agent for the landlord. So the landlords need to give you instructions to pass the documents over - that is assuming that they have terminated their contracts with you. She has no right to ask for anything unless she produces signed authority from the landlords.

Senior Partner and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you so much for your prompt reply.

No problem