How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71130
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

my grandmother left money to my daughter in a trust fund but

This answer was rated:

my grandmother left money to my daughter in a trust fund but the solicitors who handled the fund are no longer registered. The fund was due to mature 5 years ago on my daughters 21st birthday but we have been unable to trace the fund for her. who do I need to contact for help or advice?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

If you contact the Law Society

They will tell you which firm took over the original solicitors and has all their files and deeds and Wills and trust documents.

Whenever a firm of solicitors goes out of business, all those documents are always passed on to another firm.

This will be capable of trace so it will be tracked down.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile