How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am a local showman (funfair operator ) I open my fair on

Customer Question

I am a local showman (funfair operator ) I open my fair on a council site in redditch, the fee charged to me is £1,000p for two weeks trading, this site has no facilitties ie domestic water, power, toilets ect, I have to supply these myself at an additional cost, the council just provide the site, I have been attending this site for Easter for around 30years plus, this year the council have informed me that I must pay £250.00p per operating day plus £125.00p non operating day, the fee for this year will be in the region of £3,750.00p, an increase of 275%, this seems unfair, and unjust, given that inflation is running at less than 2%, my question is, is this legal and what are my rights, can you the ombudsman intervene
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 4 years ago.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Is this a licence which you are required to have please?