How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 11059
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

Sorry to have to come back - and I am happy to pay another

This answer was rated:

Sorry to have to come back - and I am happy to pay another fee - please can you give me the HMRC form number that has to be completed as my solicitor doesn't know anything about this? Does the fact that I have all my post including HMRC correspondence has gone to property A in anyway compromised the my nomination of property B being my Principal Private Residence? I kept this as my mailing address for reasons of privacy and confidentiality. Thank you.

Buachaill :

1. Hello, it seems I am in error that your solicitor has to fill in a tax form. It seems you just apply the relief and make no CGT Declaration. Sorry about that. Here is a link to the Revenue CGT guide for claiming the relief which both yourself and your solicitor should read It sets out all you need to know about it. Secondly, it does not matter that you have used Property A as your postal address. It is the fact of where you live which is important which is a simple factual issue. Just because you use a certain address for the Revenue does not mean that it is your principal private residence.

Buachaill and other Law Specialists are ready to help you