How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I run a small childrens play centre business and I have been

Customer Question

I run a small children's play centre business and I have been advised that a customer who is known to deliberately cause damage to other properties (although this is only here-say) is visiting my establishment, I have only just refurbed the room that they are visiting and I am worried in case they do cause any damage, can I ask them to sign a disclaimer of some sort on arrival saying that any damages of the property will have to be paid for?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 4 years ago.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Do you want to refuse them entry?
JACUSTOMER-r2901o7t- : No, as what I am being told is only heresay, but obviously I am worried as I believe that why I am being told is the truth, it's a child's birthday they are attending so I would not like to spoil their day by refusing entry but I am very wary if the amount of money I have spent refurbish this room and I would just like to know that I have something to say that they will pay for any damage if any occurs and hopefully that will be enough for them to be carefull when they arrive, its hopefully more of a preventative course of action by getting them to sign something.
Alex Watts :

OK - then all you need is a disclaimer saying that they would be liable for damage howsoever caused to the property.

Alex Watts :

You can either refuse them entry or say it is conditional upon the disclaimer.

Alex Watts :

So yes, this is something you can do

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: