How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10780
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

My husband and I are retired, I am disabled, we want to sell

This answer was rated:

My husband and I are retired, I am disabled, we want to sell our house and downsize, are we entitled to disabled housing?

Hi there,

Thanks for your enquiry.

Just so I am straight- Could you please confirm if you are wanting to know if you qualify for sheltered accommodation or are you looking for financial assistance with your future housing?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

"For Aston Lawyer" I am interested in sheltered housing, but I want to be able to bring my cats with me! I have three! I dearly wish to stay in the West Drayton, Yiewsley area, I also have Myeloma, which is a cancer of the white blood cells, so I want to remain close to my family.

Hi again,

As you are both retired, and if you are registered disabled, I would have thought you would have no problem in finding and being awarded a retirement or sheltered housing property.
Although most retirement properties are Flats in a communal "village" some will still accept cats! However, if finding a Flat is too hard, then you may want to consider a bungalow or house, and having your cats live with you would not be an issue.

Don't know if this assists? Please let me know if you require any further help.

Kind Regards
Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you