How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10777
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

my sisters and i own the home my mother lived in, she is now

This answer was rated:

my sisters and i own the home my mother lived in, she is now going into a nursing home. We will visit her there daily, staying at the house we now own. Who should be paying the running costs of the house, us or my mother? I have power of attorney and want to to do the correct thing.

Hi there,

Thanks for your enquiry.

If the property is owned by you and your sisters, you and your siblings are jointly responsible fo rpaying the outgoings on it. Your Mother is not responsible.

I hope this assists, but please let me know if you require any further clarification.

Kind Regards


Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you