How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35089
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

hi i am sinthiya i am divorced now,my ex husband forced me

This answer was rated:

i am sinthiya
i am divorced now,my ex husband forced me to get divorce,and he thretened me to not to claim any money or property from him,when i filled the form i marked i didnt want any money from him,he promised me he will help me after get divorce and ask me to be patient,I got the divorce now ,after that only i came to know he got girlfriend ,i am so helpless now,i dont have anyone here to help me,i am so worried about my future now,he changed his number also,i am so confused and looking for help
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How long have you lived together and are there any children involved?
What assets are there?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

we started living together from 2005 december,we bought a house in 2006.we both lived there and we got married in 2008

we dont have any childrens,since i met my ex i did full time work and given him nearly £ 50000 of my income for those 7 years.

we only got one house,no other assets

I helped him a lot to pay bills and mortgage

I dont have anything for me now and really worried about my future

still I am really scared to move on,i am so scared of him,

I do have contact with his lover

but she also now changed her number

if you need anything else please contact me

we have been together for 7 years

Thank you



How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.


when we bought the house it was valued £175000

now the current market price £210000

we paid interest only for 3 years

I dont know actually how much mortgage still left to pay

the house is on his name

When was the Decree Absolute?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

last year october i got ut

That is fine.
Do you know how much your ex earns?
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

He is doing chauffeuring In Addisonlee

He normaly earns £500 a week


It is not too late for you to make a financial claim - and you are entitled to a share of the house even though it is held in his sole name
The form you need is here
and you can use this form to see if you can get a reduction on the fee of £340
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you so much for your help

Its been so useful

I Just want to ask only one thing

Is there any time limits or deadline to make this claim?


Thank you




You must make the claim before you re-marry - but it is sensible to make it sooner rather than later so that your ex does not dispose of assets