How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12195
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

i have over 8,000 in my bank and claiming housing benefit for

This answer was rated:

i have over 8,000 in my bank and claiming housing benefit for a council house.will this be a problem.
Thank you for your question.

As long as your savings are under £16000 you can apply for housing benefit,

Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

on the housing benifit website it states yuou can have 16,000 in your bank or if your in a council property as i am it states 6,000 . i am very confused and worried.


Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Relist: Incomplete answer.i replied to your answer earlier today and added another question stating about the website . i dont think i put the question to you correctly so am trying again. on the uk website if you are a council tennant the most you can have in your bank is 6,000. i am worried i have not told housing benifit i have over 6,000 as i thought the total ammount you could have in your bank was 16,000 please advis me what is write or wrong thank you.