How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My Question is about a flight agency, They booked a ticket

Customer Question

My Question is about a flight agency, They booked a ticket for me, my in law and my twins, my twins and I are British Nationals and my in-law is a foreign national so according to the aiport assistance my in-law's ticket should have been a return ticket so we were turned away when we turned up for the flight and asked to contact the flight agency to buy a returned ticket which I asked my patner to call the Ticket agent to pay for it in London but they sold her a new full return ticket instead the top up I requested. So on my return the ticket agency asked me to put in Application for refund of the first one way ticket which I did but the agent came back after about two weeks to tell me the AirLine company has refused the refund because I did not turn up for the flight ( which they call it as "No Show". This made me very angry with the agent because I did turned up for the flight but was turned away which cannot be classified as "No Show" so I asked him to forward that particular email from the AirLine so that I can communicate and explain it properly to them but The Agent has refused to forward that email and he is not replying my emails.
1. whose responsibilty was it to purchase the right ticket, was it me or the agent who I have paid to buy me a tickets.
If I have sent an application through the agent for refund dont have the right for a copy of the reply to which the agent has refused to copy me.
what can I do to get the refund of the amount I paid for my In-Law's ticket.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 4 years ago.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

How much have you lost please?

JACUSTOMER-go1q2lqe- :


Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund from the agency within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:

Alex Watts :

Please remember to leave feedback before you go today