How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71154
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Dear Sir Ive been victim of a theft of a £ mobile phone.

This answer was rated:

Dear Sir
I've been victim of a theft of a £ 420 mobile phone. I made a statement. The culprit apprehended. The case is meant to go to court. I can not find a solicitor willing to represent me. I may be eligible for legal aid. Can you help me find one. Regards XXXXX XXXXX Therond LONDON W10 5LZ

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

If you are a witness then you cannot have a solicitor. You are a prosecution witness and will be dealt with by CPS.

The reason you cannot find a solicitor to act for you is that there is no function for them as you are a victim.

Legal aid would not cover this and you cannot pay privately. There is no role for a solicitor to act for a prosecution witness in the UK during the course of a criminal trial.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.


Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you