How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

UK state pension entitlement

Customer Question

For a UK lawyer specialising in pensions law. My mother was born in the UK in April 1932 emigrated to Spain in 1969 now lives in Switzerland. 3 years  NI contributions and covered by married women's reduced contributions for 10 years of her marriage to my father September 1951 decree absolute 1961.  Two children:  born 11/1952 and  12/53 received child benefit. HMRC rejected claim  insufficient contributions as she remarried 1966 to a non resident Austrian national  this marriage should be irrelevant. She receives small Swiss pension. I think she should be entitled to a UK pension from first husband's contributions as the law changed in July 1932 but she was born in April 1932                             

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Nicola if you don't have a Uk I pensions law expert then we should forget it and you can refund me. The site gave the impression it could answer these queries because UK pensions rules are what they are it's not a complex question for a lawyer who is expert in this field but if you don't have one then it's not worth waiting for. Thanks for your help anyway but I need an answer and don't want to wait days to get it.