How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Re Leeds CC Conservation Officer taking photos

Customer Question

Can the Leeds City Council's Conservation Officer enter onto my property using the "public footpath" (PF) take photographs of my fields and PF without my knowledge and then publish them in a draft Conservation Area document again without my knowledge.

The draft document was as far as I am concerned put into the public domain early in December 2013 and I discovered it by accident in my Email early January 2014? At the very least I feel I should have been informed prior to the occurrence and publication!  I maintain that the "public" are entitled to take photographs on a PF for personal use.   Any other use especially by a public body requires permission?

I can supply a PDF if required of actual photos


Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 4 years ago.

LondonlawyerJ :

Hello I am a lawyer with over 15 years experience. I will try to help you with this. Have you suffered any loss or disadvantage through this?

Customer :

Yes, I am not well and suffering serious mental health issues relating to traumas that has manifested itself into hoarding. I am the subject of a TV programme that is due to be aired this spring (current strict media embargo) and I have found what has happened very upsetting, distressing and added to my anxiety levels. In addition the document contains references to the "open space" on my land with arrows on two of my fields which I will want to object to. The document should not have been put into the public domain in a draft format until it had reached the open consultation stage. Furthermore it has been prepared in collusion with the Scarcroft Village Development Working Group (SVDWG) who refer to this open space in their draft document - all behind my back. The Chair Person of the SVWDG and the committee seem to have a one sided attitude and are biased against my property that can deliver many advantages for the villagers in the very short term vis-a-vis another site that currently has an office block operating as a national electricity HQ with a lease until 2018 and a Grade II listed old country house that has been allowed to fall into serious disrepair.

Expert:  Ash replied 4 years ago.
Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

I see the expert has opted out.

I am still not clear on what your loss is or if you can put a figure on it?